Tuesday, December 18, 2007

401(k) Visits to Studios

Today was the start of my 401(k) meeting marathon. Starz Media in the morning, Disney TVA in the afternoon. (I like nothing better than driving around in the rain) ...

The meeting at Starz was, ahm, sparsely attended. One artist from Wubbsy, two artists from The Simpsons who wanted their deductions stopped. (Hardly a surprise. I was surprised there weren't more) ...

I wandered around the studio afterwards. A director told me:

"We're rolling off as each of our shows get to first-pass animatic. One unit of artists are gone, another goes the end of this week. I'm here until January..."

I asked how many Simpsons units there were. He said "six or seven." So by my calculations, everybody will be on hiatus by, say, February.

I keep getting asked how long the Writers Guild strike will go on. I always answer promptly.

I say I have no freaking idea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI: it's Wubbzy not Wubbsy.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was Wobble

Anonymous said...

That was funny! Whoever wrote that should be working as a WGA writer! oh wait. nevermind.

Site Meter