Tuesday, September 23, 2008

DreamWorks On a Monday

I was back at DreamWorks Animation yesterday. (I go over there a lot, because the campus has a lot of Florentine buildings with a lot of artists and writers in them, and I'm not energetic enough to get to all of them in one fell swoop) ...

Monday I walked through the lighting department for "Madagascar II", the next picture DWA will release. The last few shots were going through the department, a lighter related:

"We're pretty much done. Now it just goes to repair and check ... and they'll change a bunch of our shots like they always do..."

This was said in a half-jocular manner.

I ended up Monday's tour in the office of a longtime veteran who's been in the business almost exactly the same length of time I have. He spent a couple of years working on Madagascar II, and is now on a new project (which I ain't gonna mention because I don't need any phone calls from DWA: Hello, Steve? We haven't announced that picture yet. So shut your pie hole, would you please?")

As always, I'm amazed at the depth of Dreamworks Animation's development slate compared to any other studio here in town. DWA doesn't lack for projects. They've got features line up on the runway from here to 20013 ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

....or 2013?

Anonymous said...

it's actually, 20013 and BEYOND.....

Anonymous said...

20013... Gotta like that Katzenbeg-optimism.

Steve Hulett said...

Okay, so you don't like the fact I seldom bother to proof-read.

But it's close enough for union work.

Anonymous said...

Hello, you now work in DreamWorks Animation studio? May I ask you for a big size logo of DreamWorks? I search in google, but all of them are too small, I really need it for my home work :( Can you help me?

Site Meter