Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Help Harry's Haven

Dear Fellow Union Member:

My name is Frank Fassnacht and I am a retired member of Local 695. I currently live at the Motion Picture Home and my wife lives in their Alzheimer's & dementia care unit, Harry's Haven.

I wanted to remind you that I am walking with the Motion Picture & Television Fund's Team Harry's Haven in the San Fernando Valley Walk to End Alzheimer's on June 10th. We are reaching out to various locals to ask for your support and assistance.


There are a few ways you and your members can lend your support:

You can join us for the walk on June 10th in beautiful Woodley Avenue Park in Van Nyus. It is a great chance to get some exercise and support a wonderful cause. And, MPTF is giving a free T-shirt to everyone who comes out to walk with Team Harry's Haven! You can sign up for the walk here: www.tinyurl.com/TeamHarrysHaven

You can also show you support by donating to Team Harry's Haven -- we are aiming to raise $7,500 by the day of the walk. Follow this link to donate: www.tinyurl.com/TeamHarrysHaven

All the money we raise goes to the National Alzheimer's Association, an organization that is very close to my heart. My wife and all the other residents of Harry's Haven stand to benefit a great deal from the wonderful work they do.

Please feel free to pass this information on to your members. We would love to have an IA presence at the walk and we need all the support we can get!

Don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions.

Thank you for your support!

Frank Fassnacht

0 comments:

Site Meter